Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31: Duel Smartphone Middle Class NFC – NFC is now starting to become one of the mandatory features for consumers who have high mobility in urban areas. One of the newest mobile phones with NFC features is the Redmi Note 9 Pro. Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro cell phone looks interesting because it offers powerful performance from Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G and a large capacity battery in its class with a 30W fast charge. This phone is also supported by a quad-megapixel camera with a powerful 64 megapixels.
Meanwhile Redmi Note 9 Pro must deal with Samsung A31 which are both equipped with NFC features. The main advantage of Samsung Galaxy A31 mainstay is its luxurious design with a holographic prism concept and supported by a fingerprint sensor under the screen. In addition, this phone is equipped with a good AMOLED screen. Then the middle class NFC smartphone duel Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31, which one is superior?
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro specifications
- Android 10 Operating System with MIUI 11 interface
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SM7125 chipset with a 64-bit octa-core processor consisting of dual-core Kryo 465 Gold 2.3GHz, and hexa-core Kryo 465 Silver 1.8GHz
- Graphic of Adreno 618
- Quad megapixel camera, Samsung ISOCELL GW1 sensor 1 / 1.7 inches 0.8um pixels, 26mm aperture f / 1.89 lens, phase-detection autofocus with dual LED flash + 8 megapixel BSI sensor 1/4 inch 13mm lens ultra wide-angle aperture f /2.2 + 5 megapixels with f / 2.4 lens (macro) + 2 megapixels with f / 2.4 lens (depth sensor)
- 16 megapixel front camera, 1/3 inch 1um pixel BSI sensor, f / 2.48 aperture lens, fixed focus, Slo-Selfie
- 6.67 inch 2.5D DotDisplay punch hole touch screen, 20: 9 aspect ratio with Full HD resolution + 1080 x 2400 pixels, density 395 ppi (pixels per inch), 16 million colors, IPS panel, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 6GB or 8GB RAM memory LPDDR4X, 64GB ROM or 128GB UFS 2.1, equipped with a 512GB max microSD slot (dedicated slot)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, GPS, Dual SIM, IR blaster, fingerprint sensor (side mounted), face unlock, NFC
- GSM / 3G HSPA / 4G LTE
- Dimensions 165.8 x 76.7 x 8.8 mm with a weight of 209 grams
- Non-removable 5020mAh battery, Fast Charging 30W
- The colors are Tropical Green, Glacier White, and Interstellar Gray
Samsung Galaxy A31 specifications
- Android 10 Operating System with Samsung One UI 2 interface
- MediaTek Helio P65 MT6768 chipset with octa-core processor consists of dual-core ARM Cortex-A75 2GHz and hexa-core ARM Cortex-A55 1.7GHz
- Graphic Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- Quad or four rear cameras 48 megapixel resolution (primary) BSI sensor 1/2 inch 0.8um pixels, phase-detection autofocus, f / 2.0 aperture lens with LED flash + 8 megapixel (ultra wide) 13mm aperture f / 2.2 BSI sensor CMOS 1/4 inch 1.12um pixels + 5 megapixel (dedicated macro) f / 2.4 aperture lens + 5 megapixel (depth sensor) f / 2.4 aperture lens
- A 20 megapixel fixed focus front camera, 26mm aperture f / 2.2 lens
- Touch screen Infinity-U Display 6.4 inch 2.5D, with full HD resolution + 1080 x 2400 pixels, density 411 ppi (pixels per inch), 16 million colors, Super AMOLED panel
- 6GB RAM memory, 128GB ROM, with a maximum of 1TB microSD slot (dedicated slot)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, GPS, Dual SIM, NFC, Dolby Atmos, under fingerprint sensor display, face unlock
- GSM / 3G HSPA / 4G LTE
- Dimensions 159.3 x 73.1 x 8.6 mm with a weight of 185 grams
- Non-removable 5000mAh battery, fast charging 15W
- Color Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Blue, and Prism Crush White
Screen Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
The screen sector of Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro does have a striking difference on the technology side, even though its size is almost the same. Samsung Galaxy A31 is clearly superior to the 2.5D touch screen with minimalist bangs on the screen or the Infinity U Display measuring 6.4 inches with an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9 tech panel Super AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) capacitive display with resolution Full HD + 1080 x 2340 pixels offering densities of up to 411 pixels per inch. AMOLED technology makes the screen more colorful and saves battery power consumption.
While Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro relies on a contemporary screen with an aspect ratio of 20: 9 with the support of a punch hole or hole touch screen called DotDisplay measuring 6.67 inches which carries IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel technology with full HD resolution + 2400 x 1080 pixels that offer a brilliant reach of 395 pixels per inch. This Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro screen has fulfilled the TÜV Rheinland certificate for the EyeCare protection feature. One of the strengths of the Redmi Note 9 Pro is that the screen is protected against scratches from Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Performance of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
Performance of Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro looks a striking difference. Samsung seems to have to recognize the benefits of Redmi Note 9 Pro in this sector. Samsung Galaxy A31 relies on MediaTek Helio P65 MT6768 SoC (System on Chip) which carries 64-bit octa-core processor consisting of dual-core ARM Cortex-A75 2GHz and hexa-core ARM Cortex-A55 1.7GHz combined with RAM memory of 6GB, and enhanced graphics from the Mali (G52 2EEMC2) GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
While the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is far superior and firmer in performance than the Galaxy A31. The phone is supported by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SM7125 SoC which carries an octa-core processor consisting of dual-core Kryo 465 Gold with 2.3GHz speed and hexa-core Kryo 465 Silver 1.8GHz speed combined with RAM memory of 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4X, and strengthened 2.3GHz speed and 1.8xHz Kryo-core hexa-core Silver speed 1.8GHz combined with RAM memory of 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4X Powerful graphics from the powerful Adreno 618 GPU.
Camera Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
The photography sector, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31 are both strengthened with four rear cameras. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro relies on a main camera that is superior to the Galaxy A31 with a power of 64 megapixels with a 26mm f / 1.89 aperture lens that uses a Samsung ISOCELL GW1 1 / 1.7 inch 0.8um pixel sensor that is strengthened by the phase-detection autofocus, AI, and LED flash.
While the 8 megapixel camera with a 1/4 inch 1.12um pixel sensor is supported by an ultra-wide 13mm f / 2.2 aperture lens that is capable of producing ultra-wide photos with a 119 degree FoV. While the third camera with a strength of 5 megapixels with f / 2.4 lens functions as a dedicated macro and fourth, with a strength of 2 megapixels with f / 2.4 lens, it functions as a depth sensor to produce bokeh photos in the style of DSLR cameras.
While the Samsung Galaxy A31’s main camera also carries a lower resolution than the Redmi Note 9 Pro, which is 48 megapixels with a Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 1/2 inch 0.8um pixel sensor with a phase-detection autofocus feature fitted with an f / 2.0 aperture lens complete with an LED flash.
The second camera of the Galaxy A31 carries a resolution of 8 megapixel BSI 1/4 inch 1.12um pixel sensor which is ditandemkan with 13mm ultra-wide lens with aperture f / 2.2 to take super wide photos with field of view (FoV) 123 degrees. While the third 5-megapixel camera with f / 2.4 aperture lens functions as a dedicated macro camera.
While the fourth camera Samsung Galaxy A31 measuring 5 megapixels with f / 2.2 aperture lens functions as a depth sensor to produce the bokeh effect of a DSLR camera style through the Live Focus feature.
Front Camera Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
As for the front camera, it seems that the Samsung Galaxy A31 is superior on paper with the support of a 20 megapixel front camera with a BSI CMOS sensor with a fixed 26mm aperture f / 2.2 fixed focus lens sufficient for selfie photos and video calls. The high resolution it brings makes the Galaxy A31 worthy of accompanying users who like selfies or selfies.
While the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro relies on a 16-megapixel front camera with a 1 / 3.1-inch 1um pixel CMOS BSI sensor combined with a f / 2.48 fixed focus aperture lens and reinforced Slo-Selfie’s unique features for selfies and video calls.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro battery vs Samsung Galaxy A31
Samsung equipped the Galaxy A31 5000mAh battery capacity to support user activity which is strengthened by the fast charging feature with a maximum power of 15W. While the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is supported by a 5020mAh battery which is strengthened by the fast charging feature which is faster than the Galaxy A31, which is 30W. Obviously, the battery capacity of the two phones is equivalent, but the Redmi Note 9 Pro is superior in its charging speed.
Other Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
The advantages of the Redmi Note 9 Pro also feature a linear Z-axis motor to produce 150 different vibrations. This feature can improve feedback when playing games to be more accurate, as well as mark various types of notifications, so users can keep track of messages, calls, and notifications according to the type of vibration.
While the advantages possessed by Samsung Galaxy A31 compared to Redmi Note 9 Pro is the location of the fingerprint sensor under the screen that looks more modern and fututistic. While the Redmi Note 9 Pro still uses a fingerprint sensor located on the side that is integrated with the power button.
Price of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31
The price of the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 8GB RAM 128GB ROM in Indonesia based on information that the collected Laptophia is IDR 3,899,000. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro variant with 4GB RAM 64GB RAM priced at Rp 3,499,000. While the price of the latest Samsung Galaxy A31 128GB RAM 6GB ROM in Indonesia is Rp 3,999,000 and the 8GB / 128GB variant is priced at Rp 4,499,000.
Choose Where is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A31?
After reading the comparative specifications of Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro above, which one is better to choose? Laptophia assessed that this mid-class NFC smartphone duel was won by Redmi Note 9 Pro. This phone offers a much faster performance for gaming, battery charge fast speed is much faster, a more capable rear camera, and a more affordable price.
However, for consumers who need a capable front camera, better screen quality, and have a bigger budget, you can choose the Samsung Galaxy A31 as the main candidate. Of course everything returns to the needs, funds, and tastes of each consumer.